7/27/2008

This weekends bread


I had this Friday off so I baked bread. One of the offerings was the old standard of a transitional multi-grain. The other was an experiment. This is the first bread from a recipe that is not Peter's. I decided to make a honey-wheat sandwich bread from the "Baking at Home" book put out by the Culinary Institute of America. I like the layout and style of this book but I don't like the bread recipes. They do all the measurements by volume which just doesn't work for bread. I ended up converting the measurements to weights but ended up using a fair amount extra flour. The bread turned out well. It had a nice texture and the flavor was there but I think I can make it better. The next time, I am going to try making it using some of the techniques from the Pain de Campagne recipe from Peter's book. Stay tuned.

No comments: