3/01/2009

Bread this weekend

This weekend, I did 3 different breads. I did classic french baguettes which turned out pretty well. They had a nice crust to them. I also attempted a new bread from Peter's "Whole Grain Breads" book called anadama bread. It is a whole wheat bread with corn meal. It turned out
OK but ended up on the heavy side. I think I over fermented it and then it did not have enough to finish rising during the final proof. It has good flavor though and I will have to try it again.


I also made some pretzel rolls using my pretzel recipe. I tried them with the King Arthur high protein flour as an experiment. The texture was excellent and the only real downside to using the flour is the cost. Might try a mix of just regular KA bread flour and some wheat gluten the next time.

No comments: