8/16/2009

This weekends baking...

This weekend I tried potato bread again and another attempt at Peter's basic sourdough.



Then I tried Pan de Cioccolate from Suas' book. It uses a sourdough starter and then has a bunch of cocoa in the dough and some chocolate bits added. While it took a long time to ferment and proof, it turned out very well for a first effort. Is very tasty with peanut butter.


A fare amount of the baking I do ends up at either my work or my wifes work. Someone from Lou's office requested pumpkin scones a few weeks ago. As an experiment, I took a recipe that I had and tweaked it to replace some of the butter and buttermilk with pumpkin puree. I then spiced it like a pumpkin muffin with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and some candied ginger. The end result was pretty good but the recipe needs a little refining. The flavor was OK, but they turned out a little dense. I think I didn't bake them at a high enough temperature and the butter melted before the dough matrix could set up. Guess I will have to make them again. I am sure Lou will be very disappointed if I have to do them again.

No comments: