11/10/2008

Bread - The other weekend

I have gotten a little behind on my blog posts. A few weeks ago, I dedicated my bread making to knotted dough. Lou was gracious enough to be my photographer so I could capture some of different techniques.

I found a technique for making a 6 strand challah which was not talked about in the Peter Reinhart book. It's basically the pattern over 2, under 1, over 2. Below is some pictures that illustrate it.


And the result...


Then, I tried making the Bohemian style knotted roles that Lou and learned about at the baking class a few weeks ago. The shape I made was a double knot.


Then, I also tried making some pretzels.


Everything turned out pretty well but I want to try again. The Bohemian style dough was not just right so I need to work on the recipe. The pretzels turned out OK but when I boiled them, the fell a little. I think I need to find a slightly stiffer dough. Below are some pictures of the final results.


No comments: